The Latest from Danely’s ReadHouseReview Blog
- Ray Bradbury’s Something Wicked This Way ComesI’m always amazed at writers that can set a sinister tone to their work with only the first sentence. And, you know, the reader knows that they’re in for a bit of a freight. Ray Bradbury was really one of the pioneers of science fiction. Plus, he always incorporates scary, creepy twists to his plots.Continue reading “Ray Bradbury’s Something Wicked This Way Comes”
- Paulo Coelho’s Veronika Decides to DieThere’s a movie adaptation of this book with Sara Michelle Geller and Lee Pace. I absolutely love both of these guys. They have such good chemistry together. I recommend the movie after the book. “The two hardest tests on the spiritual road are the patience to wait for the right moment and the courage notContinue reading “Paulo Coelho’s Veronika Decides to Die”
- Alexandre Dumas’ The Count of Monte CristoI first read this book back when I was in middle school. After reading The Phantom of the Opera by Gaston Leroux, I was looking for other books with the same romantic and melancholic vibe, for lack of a better descriptor, and I found The Count of Monte Cristo. Alexandre Dumas is also well knownContinue reading “Alexandre Dumas’ The Count of Monte Cristo”
- Elizabeth Gaskell’s North and SouthUgh! This one is angsty! If you love books with a deep romantic vein, this one is for you. I found that readers that enjoy books like Kazuo Ishiguro’s Never Let Me Go also enjoy this book. Readers follow Margaret Hale who is, for all intents and purposes, an English southern bell. Margaret is aContinue reading “Elizabeth Gaskell’s North and South”
- Bram Stoker’s DraculaDracula is a must-read if the genre is of any interest. The basic premise of the book follows Jonathan, a lawyer, that gets caught up in the conniving plans of Count Dracula, a vampire, who is trying to spread his evil in England. Barnes and Noble has these hardcover, special binding classics. I’ve wanted toContinue reading “Bram Stoker’s Dracula”
- Anne Rice’s The Vampire Chronicles04 October 1941 – 11 December 2021 (80) How was I first acquainted with Anne Rice? I found a copy of The Body Thief, the fourth book in The Vampire Chronicles way back in 9th grade of high school. It was the only book at the bottom of a crooked, old book shelf of myContinue reading “Anne Rice’s The Vampire Chronicles”
- George R.R. Martin’s Game of Thrones SeriesWinter’s coming! I was super late for this series. The reason why I waited until the last season was announced to read these books and then watch the HBO show adaptation was because I’m always skeptical of anything that has a huge following and gets overly hyped-up. While I like a lot of movies, books,Continue reading “George R.R. Martin’s Game of Thrones Series”
- J.R.R. Tolkien’s The Hobbit and The Lord of the RingsWhen I have books on my shelf like J.R.R. Tolkien’s The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings, I sometimes think it’s pointless to do a review because, by now, everyone has probably seen the movies if they haven’t read the books. But, I mean, I will do a review either way. Tolkien requires aContinue reading “J.R.R. Tolkien’s The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings”
Get new content sent directly to your inbox.
Copyright © 2021 Danely Segoviano – All Rights Reserved.